Odysseuse on the Move

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Oops Report - New Blue Cast

This post is being written by my daughter. All spelling and grammar mistakes are hers and hers alone.

Mom in her new light blue cast

Aren't I looking better? (Better than what? Look here.)

Yesterday I traded in the huge, heavy, plaster, shoulder to knuckle cast for this new, pretty light blue fiberglas model.

The good news, I can bend my elbow now. The bad news, I've lost the use of my thumb.

In four weeks, on September 8, if I'm a good patient and heal well, the cast is scheduled to come off. And who knows, my face might even look normal by then, too.

5 Comments:

  • Wow, you look much better! Sorry to hear about your thumb, though. Isn't that going to make your job playing the piano at the strip club harder?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/12/2006 11:16 PM  

  • You're looking much better. Glad you got the smaller cast. Drink lots of milk and take calcium supplements!

    By Blogger Tah, at 8/13/2006 12:32 AM  

  • Wow, a Carolina Blue cast! You must have told the Drs. that you have a daughter who is a Tarheel.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/13/2006 10:47 AM  

  • I am so glad to see you looking so less black and blue. You're healing very well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/19/2006 10:48 AM  

  • I'm glad to see you are looking better and that I still need to see your blog

    Doris

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/27/2006 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home